Friday, November 20, 2009

Blog 10.



The requirements of a paramedic are that you need to be 18 have a drivers license a high school diploma and a first aid certificate. A possible college in Michigan that you can go to is Lake Superior state university. You also need to take a basic training class it includes one hundred and sixty hours plus 30 hours of training. It costs about $12,819.029 a year. The kind of work I will be doing is driving to pick someone up and take them to a hospital. My earnings would be about 35,000 dollars a year. I don’t think I would like to be a paramedic. I would want to be a paramedic because I like helping people and I like driving. I also can look at bad wounds and stuff and not freak out I like to ride in ambulances to. Overall I think being a paramedic would not be that good of a job for me because the training would probably be too hard for me also I would probably be bad at helping someone if they had like a broken leg because I would probably move it the wrong way or something that is why I would not want to be a paramedic.
The requirements for being a tree harvester are that you have to go through a training period and it also helps to have a two year college degree in forest harvesting. After a two year degree and training you can become a harvester. Harvesters make about twenty four thousand dollars a year but an experienced harvester can earn up to fifty five thousand dollars a year. The type of work I would be doing is going up to trees using million dollar machines and having to cut them down usually putting the branches in big trucks or shredders. What got me interested in this job is my dad he owns a tree cutting business, a lawn mowing business, a landscaping business and also a snowplowing business ever since I was little I always like to work with my dad on the weekends and earn some extra cash I like working with my dad because it is fun and he teaches me all about his job I would like to take on my family’s business someday I think I would like to be a part of my dad’s business and be a tree harvester.

4 comments: